Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hello All,

I apologize as its been some time since my last post. You must forgive me for I've recently found employment with an exterminist. And with such pressing responsibilities as ridding roofs of squirrels and acting as company spokes/rep/model, I haven't had time to comb out my fur let alone indulge in the narcissism of the blog. No, the higher calling of promotions brays for my first-coming. Though, why they would choose a mascot separated by a mere three degrees from that which you're trying to get people to pay you to kill (some inadavertant play to modern man's self-loathing I'm sure) I don't understand. But curly frequently raves about the illogic intrinsic to marketing -- "art funded to promote consumerism! non-sensical mental virus! windorphins!!!" -- so certainly they must be doing something right.

But now that I'm earning my keep, using all my powers as a money-holder, I'm becoming increasingly aware of my own state of disenfranchisement. I mean, just the other day I was chatting with the mascot of Deli Supermarket, Bodega Cat, talking about how we should rise up, you know, fight the power, rah rah rah, and you will not believe how she responded.

"Sssss, silly, we cats can't vote, to even threaten to withdraw our bodies from their societal functions, much to dangerous. Why its homeland security you're dealing with then... Just like the airport screening personnel. Why you heard didn't you, the new homeland security bill, you know to implement all the 9/11 commision recommendations? Well, its a great bi-partisan success, quite rare, and you know it almost didn't happen, it did. Why, the President, Master Bush, would have had to veto had they left in the right for airport screening personnel to unionize. He threatened it and he woulda. Why, some folks, some folks is just too important. Society need 'em where they is, and where they is is where they stay."

Anyways, I'm becoming quite political. I read the news. Why just the other day I read an article about a group of royals from Saudi Arabia (which I can only imagine is somewhere just past RedHook) flying back to London after a full day of shopping in Milan. Well, they were just taking a quick hop skip on BritishAir when their women were expected (EXPECTED!!) to just sit next to men. And when they simply refused, (as if its an imposition to rearrange other people for the greater good of a gender segregated world) they were kicked off the plane. Well, I'm glad
they held the plane up for four hours until it was finally forced to return to the gate.
Its about time someone stood up for their rights, society need 'em where they is, and where they is is where they stay.

Those Saudis'll save the world if we let 'em. Which we're gonna. Sell them $20billion worth of weapons, that is.

No comments: